Monday, August 19, 2013

Hinged Card





















I finally made a hinged card using one of Spellbinders Card Maker
Die sets.  This one is called 5 x 7 Elegant labels 4.    It definitely
takes some time and a few trials that were thrown away but I
think I finally have it now.   I followed the directions that
Becca on Amazing Paper Grace has for her hinged card.  She did
use a different die but I wanted to try this set.   You can check out her
card tutorial on you tube.

The base is the largest shape, I then used the largest labels 10 Spellbinder
die to cut out the orange design layer you can see peaking through.  The
orange paper is by Authentique called Uncommon collection.

The smallest shape in this die set is the top one I put the saying on.  The
saying is from JustRite Birthday Vintage Labels Two clear set.  The shape
already has slots for a ribbon to slide through.  All shapes are layered with
pop dots for some dimension.  I antiqued the edges with Tim Holts
Distressing Ink Tea Die.   Ribbon is from my stash and the rose is
from Wild Orchid Crafts.




















In this photo you can see the way the card opens and hinges.
On the inside I used the same dies except for the smallest one.
The stamp is from Michaels dollar bin.
See photo below a view of the whole card when opened.














This technique of making a hinged card make for a beautiful card
It did take a bit of work but practice makes perfect.  I still have
some tweaking to do but all in all I am happy with the way it
came out and will be giving it to someone this week for her
birthday .

Let me know what you think and leave a comment.
Thanks for stopping by.  Remember to check out the shop for
some great products.




7 comments:

  1. Linda...this is a beautiful card! You did a great job on making this! Just love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, love all of the details! The hinged card is a great idea! BIF

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just gorgeous Linda! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card! You did a wonderful job! TFS from BIF

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Linda, TFS
    Cara
    BIF

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man oh man! What a beautiful intricate card you've created! Someone real special is going to be very happy!
    ~KimberlyRae
    BIF

    ReplyDelete
  7. amazing card TFS
    from BIF
    love your style

    ReplyDelete