Saturday, November 2, 2013

30 Days of Thankfulness

Hi all,   It has been a very tough year for me and it is a very busy season at work and just life.  Since I don't have time to create anything right now  and Thanksgiving is right around the corner I really like the idea of using this month to give thanks.   So this will start my 30 days of Thankfulness.  
In a world where there is so much heartache and greed there is still a lot of things to be thankful for.    Thankfulness makes you think positive, forget about your problems and can change your whole outlook on life.  So here goes,  won't you join me in your own 30 days of thankfulness.  Maybe we can inspire and encourage one another.

Scroll down for the most current. 



Day1.   11/1/13

I am so thankful to God for His unfailing provision, love, mercy and grace in my life.  Without Him I would have never survived the hardest year of my life this passed year.   Emotionally, spiritually, financially and in practical ways,  He has met all my needs as I have tried to earnestly follow after Him. 
I don't know what lies ahead but this I know for sure,  HE is all I need.   

Day 2.   11/2/13

God gives us many blessing along our journey in life.  I am so very thankful for His allowing me to spend my life with my wonderful soul mate and husband for 45 years before he passed on to his final home with God.    Sometimes it is hard to focus on positive things in your life when you are going through grief.   To love deeply is to grieve deeply.   Yet there is so much to be thankful for.  Wonderful years filled with children, family and great memories.   

Thank you my heavenly Father for allowing me to share my life with a wonderful man all those years fill ed with family and love.   

Stay tuned for day 3.  Remember to set your clocks back tonight.  Another thing we can be thankful in our busy world.  One more hour of sleep.  YEA 


Day 3 - 11/3/13

I am very thankful for my grown children.  They are my heart and soul.   It has been an amazing journey watching my son and daughters grow into the adults they have become.  I look forward to seeing them grow more as they surrender their lives daily to the God who made them and loves them so much more than I.

Day 4 - 11/4/13

I am so very thankful for today.   Today would have been my loves birthday.  During out benefit sessions at work I met with lots of staff to help them select their benefits.  Every time I wrote down the date 11/4/13 it just made me sad and happy.  Sad because I miss him.  Happy because the very thought of him brings a smile to my heart.    I kept thinking of how much I loved and missed him.   Many staff who worked with him loved and admired him.   Two staff in particular were able to reminisce with funny, good memories. It just warmed my heart and soul that God provided them to share with me.    
Day 5 - 11/5/13
I am so very thankful for my neighbors who look after me and help in the practical things I can not do.  Like clean out my gutters.  Honestly I might be able to climb the ladder but it would take the national guard to get me down.   I hate ladders and totally freeze up in a situation like that.   They take out my garbage can in the winter so I don't have to walk down the hill and risk falling with my bad back.   They invite me to dinner, camp fires, vacation at the lake among other things.   One snowy day i came home to three neighbors cleaing out my driveway with their snowblowers.  I sat on the side of the road with tears streaming down my face at their service to me.   Ultimately I thank God for placing me in this neighborhood for such as time as this.   One neighbor is a fabulous Tailor and sews my clothes when needed.   She never lets me pay her even when I try to insist.   Another fixed my lawn mower.  Last years after the passing of my husband two neighbors mowed up all the leaves in the yard.  Then some provided meals.  
I am truly blessed and so very thankful.  
Day 5- 11-6-13
I am so very thankful for all the members of my little church. I was just reflecting on how warm and loving they make everyone feel.  How each one is a true servent and how much they go above and beyond for others.  The examples of their lives that are lived before us. 
They have gone above and beyond for me, showering me with support,  practical things and so much love and care.  

They are not only true servants but they humbly walk with God,  learning about His perfect ways and share what God is doing in their lives so we too can grown in Him.  
I give thanks to my God for all of you  

-Day 7 - 11-7-13

 I am so very thankful I am home and texting from a wonderful sleep number bed after a very long day.  Worked 10 - 13 hours a day for the last 4 days plus travel time.  This old body is now snug and resting, soooooooo thankful to be home.  

Day 8  11-8-13

As this week comes to an end I am thankful for many things.   The long hard week is done and it if finally Friday night a time to rest and relax.   I am so very thankful for my last stop after work on Fridays to see my Chiropractor.  Dr Mancarella is the best, he gets rid of my pain and keeps me going.   So thankful it is not snowing yet and the beautiful fall colors are still all around me.   I do  not know what is around the corner but now is good.     


2 comments:

  1. Hi Linda, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very glad for your heart...the Father is pleased and blessed by your spirit!

    ReplyDelete